know more about tski
TSKI's Microfinance History
TSKI started its operations October 1, 1986 with a start-up capital of Php2,500.00 and three (3) employees.
TSKI initially started with Micro Enterprise Development Project (MEDP) or small loans to individual micro-entrepreneurs as a means to expand their business, create jobs and strengthen the existing ones.
In 1992 Professor Mohamad Yunus from Bangladesh visited Iloilo City, Philippines and presented the Grameen Bank Methodology, and encourage TSKI to adopt the group loan concept in its microfinance operation.
In 1997 after 3 years of Grameen implementation,TSKI came out with its own group lending methodology, a product from its learning from the Grameen method and interaction with other methodologies present in the Philippines. The new method is known as Proyekto Kauswagan sa Katilingban (PKK).
In 2002, TSKI established its Microfinance SUCCESS Institute - Business Development Services (MSI-BDS). Department to provide the needed capability training to its staff and to its clients, a non-financial services aiming to improve their economic and/or entrepreneurial activities.
In 2005, TSKI opened and inaugurated five (5) bank branches called Kauswagan Bank or 'K Bank'.
TSKI was established towards lifting our least privileged brothers and sisters from poverty by assisting them to develop an income generating projects and job creating micro-enterprises.
TSKI had closely adhered to its role as catalyst in increasing productivity through business development and holistic transformation.
- Institutionalization of TSKI's Community Development Program (Community Based Entrepreneurial Development Program - CBEDP)
- Establishment of TSKI's BDS Microbiological Laboratory testing Center, and Kauswagan Design and Packaging
- Health Insurance in partnership with PhilHealth for Region 8
- Micro Insurance in partnership with Microinsurance Associates Agency Philippines, In (MIAAPI)
TSKI – PhilHealth MOA Signing for all area of operations
TSKI and PhilHealth signed a Memorandum of Agreement to forge a long time relationship in implementing the KaSAPI (Kalusugan Sigurado at Abot Kaya sa PhilHealth Insurance).
The target beneficiaries or members in this program are the thousand microentrepreneur clients of TSKI through out its area of operations.
- Given a License on Grassroots Entrepreneurship Management (Entrep-Eskwela) by ABS-CBN
- Signed MOA with Microventures for the HAPINOY Program
- MOA with Iloilo City Government and Metrobank Foundation, Iloilo Economic Development Foundation for Jaro Big Market
- Launching of program for Indigenous People (IP) in Guimaras, Anilao, and Barotac Viejo
- Launching of Kauswagan Products
- Launching of Farmers Integrated Development Assitance (FIDA) Program
- Signed MOA with PETRON for Guimaras:
This is for the livelihood enhancement in the coastal communities in Guimaras previously affected by the oil spill
- Distribute Pre and Post Harvest Facilities to farmers in San Dionisio, Iloilo under the FIDA Program
- Expanded area of operation to Northern Mindanao and Southern Tagalog.